A bgeinner's guide to Yoga
A Beginner’s Guide to Yoga
If you are doing great on proper breathing and postures, then you are a good yoga practitioner! Yoga is not all about spiritual aspect, it can also be about your physical body. Yoga is not all about doing great postures, but it was all about the things you’ve learned on practicing yoga.
Yoga is a practice that is more on focusing and meditation. You can learn how to practice yoga not just by going on different yoga centers but also you can learn practicing yoga directly on your house. If you only have an internet connection and a cell phone, you can download many videos that can teach you to practice yoga as a beginner.
Yoga can give you many benefits like; it strengthens your body and muscles, improves your body health, helps to reduce weight and also it can be your stress reliever. This article is a guide on doing simple types of yoga with various steps.
Different poses of yoga
If you are a beginner on practicing yoga, there are much yoga poses that you can do at your own home without struggling body pains. It wasn’t easy for you to learn many different poses of yoga in a short period of time, but the following yoga poses and steps will help you to start the way on the right path.
Doing 10 to 15 breath out and it will help you to be a great beginner yoga practitioner when you do it every day. The following yoga poses are important for you as a beginner because it will give you many health benefits. Always remember that you don’t need to do this pose perfectly, your goal here is to be a good yoga beginner. Always focus on your goals and never be distracted. Let us start with the first yoga pose which is;
The Mountain Pose
Mountain pose is the first basic step on all standing poses. This pose will give you the feeling of touching your feet on the ground and on earth. You can think that the mountain pose is just like a standing pose, but it is more than just that. Here are the basic procedures on doing the mountain pose.
- Start to stand with your two-foot close to each other.
- Give a pressure on spreading your toes on the ground.
- Make your stomach goes in and out and as your chest goes upward, put your shoulders down.
- Keep your palms close to each other.
- Imagine yourself that there is a line drawing a thing on your head up to the ceiling and take 8-10 deep breaths.
The Downward Facing Dog Pose
This yoga pose is popular in western countries. Downward Facing Dog position builds up your body strength. This pose gets its name through the dogs that are stretching their bodies on the ground. This can be a transitional and resting position.
Downward facing dog position refreshes and gives your body the energy it needed. This pose can help you to reduce a headache and tiredness. Everyday practice of this position may prevent you from having osteoporosis. Avoid practicing this kind of position if you have arm and back injuries. Here are the steps on making this downward facing dog pose.
- You should have the proper materials on doing this position like mats and blankets. Your position must be like a pyramid. Put your fingers pointed upwards of your mat.
- Align your elbows and have a relaxed Put some pressure on spreading your fingers on your mat.
- Breath out when you are putting your toes upward while your knees touch your mat. Use the floor on pressing you up by using your pelvis.
- Make your chest toward your thighs while pushing your mat away from you. Stretch and decompress your spine.
- Put your thighs in while you are lifting your sit bones higher. Put your feet on the floor slowly.
- Relax your body and hold for about 5-100 breaths. For a beginner like you, you can take 10-20 breath out and in
Planking yoga pose
Planking yoga pose is a position where you are balancing your arm and abdominal muscles. By doing this pose, it will strengthen your arms and your muscles. Plank position strengthens the muscles that are around your spine that give you good postures. People who have osteoporosis must avoid practicing this kind of yoga pose for it will damage your bones and can cause fractures. Here are the steps on how to make this planking yoga pose.
- Start planking using your hands and knees. Smoothly breath in and out. Focus yourself on what you are doing.
- Start to put some pressure on spreading your fingers above your mat and take note not to collapse your chest.
- Bring your head and feet into a straight line. Your thighs must be lifted upward, and your hips must not be too close on the mat.
- Keep your head aligned with your body. Hold your pose and take 10-15 breaths. If you are doing this pose to have a strong muscles and abdomen, you should hold that pose for about 3-5 minutes as a beginner. If you can able to hold that pose for a long time, it is much better for you to become stronger.
If your body cannot maintain that pose for a long time, you can put your knees on the mat-that pose is called half plank pose. You must maintain the correct alignment of your body and head while doing this position. By doing plank yoga position, the gap between your head and feet must be the same with the gap of downward facing dog yoga pose.
The different yoga positions mentioned above are the simple positions that are suitable for a beginner like you. Follow the instructions mentioned and have a healthy and refreshed body. It is good to practice some yoga position even if you are just a beginner because it can give you many benefits that your body is needed. Trust yourself that you can do everything. Never give up because giving up is not an option to have a healthy and successful life.